IMT Des Moines Marathon

IMT Des Moines Marathon
Join Us At The Finish Line!

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Beautiful Iowa Running

Along Sister Prairie Trail in Ventura, IA.

Over the Fourth of July holiday my family and I traveled to Clear Lake, IA to stay with and visit family and friends. We boated, watched a parade, went to a carnival, built sand castles on the beach and enjoyed a gorgeous fireworks display. All of these activities were full of memories in the making, but something else I enjoyed was being able to get in over 13 miles in 3 days of absolutely breathtaking running trails. During my time on these trails I saw rabbits, deer, turkeys, jumping carp, countless variation of birds, squirrels and a snake or two. Really, truly a breathtaking experience.

My daughter and I walking along the Sister Prairie Trail.


Running along McIntosh Beach.

My version of sand between my toes.


More gorgeous beach.

If you haven't already, you really should visit the various places to walk, run or ride around the towns of Clear lake and Ventura, IA, both of which surround the actual body of water known as Clear Lake. Doing so will renew your spirit, satisfy your hunger for natural beauty and help you feel more fit and healthy.

About me: Although I am a Kansas Citian now, I was once a North Iowa girl, hailing from a little town called Rudd near Mason City. I am a runner of about three years, although I have always enjoyed being active through walking as well as participating in boot camp and other similar classes. Through running I have discovered a love that I did not know existed. Growing up I was never the most athletic person on the team and I always had to work hard to be average, but as an adult I have realized that I have skill in endurance running and I absolutely love it. I am not the fastest runner out there, but I am not the slowest either. In addition to being a runner, I am a college instructor, wife and mother to three children aged 3, 5, and 7 years. I have a personal blog at www.mamagottarun.blogspot.com and can also be found on Twitter and Instagram @mamagottarun. This is my second year participating in the IMT DMM races.
*Portions of this post first appeared on mamagottarun.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment